The South African Genetics Society (SAGS) and the South African Society for Bioinformatics (SASBi) cordially invite you to their 2018 joint Congress.
Please save the date of Tuesday 16th – Thursday 18th October 2018
The conference is jointly organised by the executive committees of the South African Society for Bioinformatics and the South African Genetics Society.
Golden Gate Resort, Free State (https://www.sanparks.org/parks/golden_gate/)
Accommodation & Prices
Delegates are requested to book their own accommodation. The following links will help:
- Glen Reenen Rest Camp, which is walking distance (1.3 km) from the conference venue, offers attractive prices and several different types of accommodation.
- Clarens is a short drive from the conference venue and offers a wide array of accommodation, which is advertised on the website for this beautiful little town: https://clarens.co.za/
- lekkeslaap.co.za also lists a wide range of accommodation at a range of prices: https://www.lekkeslaap.co.za/akkommodasie-in/clarens?
- Several options for accommodation are available in Clarence via Airbnb.
Call for abstracts
Please submit abstracts for talks and posters at the following URL:
Register to attend
The attendance registration form is available at:
Registration costs are as follows:
- R 1500 for a student attending either SASBi (16 – 17 Oct 2018) or SAGS (17 – 18 Oct 2018)
- R 1700 for a student attending both SASBi and SAGS (16 – 18 Oct 2018)
- R 1700 for a non-student attending either SASBi (16 – 17 Oct 2018) or SAGS (17 – 18 Oct 2018)
- R 1900 for a non-student attending both SASBi and SAGS (16 – 18 Oct 2018)
Registration costs include:
- The conference dinner on Wednesday 17 Oct 2018
- Two years of society membership for SASBi and/or SAGS, depending on registration choice
Directions to Golden Gate
Please view the PDF file (Golden_Gate_Directions) for driving directions to the Golden Gate National Park and hotel.
Please contact Dr Albé van der Merwe (SAGS Executive: Communications) at albe.vdmerwe [at] fabi.up.ac.za for any queries.